SUPERVISOR BILLING COORDINATION
Company: Envision Healthcare
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: August 23, 2020
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and
practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization
provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine,
radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women s and
children s health services to hospitals and health systems
nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies
and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to
form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now
provide a greater scope of service than any other national
physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local,
customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process
improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare
enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give
healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the
healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and
integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of
We have a great opportunity for a Supervisor, Billing Coordination.
The ideal candidate will directly supervise the billing
coordinators to ensure that the objectives of the department are
accomplished. Monitors and controls the performance, speed,
quality, attendance, turnover and satisfaction level of employees
and provides feedback to the department manager.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
* Address problems and issues identified by staff. Communicate
issues to manager through daily verbal communication and written
* Monitor and manage daily workload and activities of internal
* Ensure assigned personnel meet departmental goals set forth by
* Work in conjunction with Lead Billing Coordinator and Billing
Manager to develop best practices for department including new hire
training, daily workflow, and new technology/process training when
* Perform research in the hospital registration system, EMR,
EMBILLZ, MediMobile and other related billing tools in order to
assist in the resolution of chart deficiencies.
* Interact with hospital IT&S staff and administration via
phone and email to acquire remote system access for Chart
Management team and communicate any access issues thereafter.
* Assume the ultimate responsibility for trends.
* Communicate industry, company, payor and procedural information
to staff, providing an update regarding outstanding issues and
* Identify and communicate training needs to the Trainer and other
* Manage staffing schedules to ensure timely completion of work
while reducing the need for overtime. Ensure production goals are
* Provide feedback whenever necessary for off-site vendors.
Identify training issues and performance needs, suggest
improvements to appropriate management
* Routinely review production and reports to monitor activity and
gap time; reward outstanding performance and address
* Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with
company s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates
* Determine reward and promotion based on performance
* Review staff performance, conduct performance evaluations and
implement corrective action
* Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures
* Hire and train new employees
* Maintain timekeeping and staff records
* Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their
duties or delegated tasks
* Other duties as assigned
* Reads and abides by the company s code of conduct, ethics
statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other
corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training
* Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate
compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or
other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting
policies of the company
* Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use
the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or
Legal Department to do so
* Support and abide by the values of the company
* Rules/regulations of Medicare/Medicaid and other government
payors as well as commercial insurers and specialty contracts to
ensure accurate and timely billing and payment of claims.
* Medical insurance industry terminology.
* Payor-specific requirements and guidelines for billing.
* HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and other critical governmental
* Basic accounting skills.
* Communicate effectively, (both orally and in writing) in
* Convey thoughts in a well-organized, concise manner. Use
appropriate grammar and punctuation in written documents.
* Perform in a consistently organized manner with strong attention
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
Associates Degree or Bachelor s degree preferred in Business,
Management or Healthcare related field.
* Three years Chart Management/Billing Coordination experience
* Minimum one-year supervisory experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
* Maintain fluency (working knowledge of) with various tools:
* Hospital Registration & EMR system
* Billing systems (e.g., EmBillz)
Acct Recon. * Spreadsheet, word processing/presentation tools,
(Microsoft Office Suite)
* Timekeeping, Payroll, Human Resource Information System tools
(e.g., Kronos, Oracle)
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have
a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment
eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about
E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Envision Healthcare, Port St. Lucie , SUPERVISOR BILLING COORDINATION, Accounting, Auditing , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!